Questions to ask about wedding venues in Kent
When brides and grooms start to look for their perfect wedding venue in Kent, tho most common mistake that people make is to fall in love with how beautiful the wedding venue looks and how amazing the wedding photographs would be. It’s important to consider the more practical things before signing any contracts. This is not to say that you shouldn’t have a beautiful location for your wedding because there are hundreds of stunning wedding venues in Kent to choose from but do you really want to fit your wedding around a less practical venue?
Before even considering which wedding venue to choose, you need to decide on the following important aspects…
- How many guests will be attending your wedding?
- How much budget can you realistically afford to spend on your wedding venue in Kent?
- Are you going to have the wedding ceremony and wedding reception at the same wedding venue?
If you know the answers to the three questions above, then you’ve probably got a few wedding venues already in mind. Now comes the part where you ask the different venues the following questions to help find your perfect wedding venue in Kent.
- What’s the decor like? Does it fit your style and your wedding colour? Will you need to spend a lot of additional budget on flowers and decorations to make it beautiful?
- Does the wedding venue in Kent provide an in-house caterer, and do you like that food? (While an in-house caterer can be easier and cheaper, sometimes the food is not as beautiful as the room. So make sure you taste it!) Will the wedding venue limit you to which outside caterers you can use?
- Does the wedding venue in Kent have adequate bathroom facilities?
- Is the wedding venue wheelchair accessible? If not, are there many stairs to climb? How close is the parking to the wedding ceremony and wedding reception rooms?
- What’s the wedding venue cancellation policy?
- Is there a payment schedule? What kind of deposits are required to hire this wedding venue?
- Are there any hidden costs? (Before you sign the contract, read it VERY carefully.)
- What are the overtime charges and are they reasonable?
- Does the wedding venue have a license to sell alcohol?
- Will you be allowed you to bring your own alcohol? (This is usually cheaper)
- Is there room in the wedding venue in Kent for a band and/or dancing?
- Does the wedding venue already own a sound system with adequate speakers or will that need to be rented?
- Is there a space for the bride and groom to change and/or relax?
- Where will you take photographs? Is there a park nearby, or do the coordinators have recommended spots on the grounds? ( if you have already decided on your wedding photographer in Kent, you could ask them to come along to view these wedding venues so that they can get a good look at the lighting and make suggestions to you about the photographs) If you have yet to choose a wedding photographer, please read our article on finding a photographer for your wedding in Kent.
- Who will be supervising and troubleshooting before the day of your wedding? Who will be supervising and troubleshooting on the day of your wedding? Can you meet them now?
- Where can your wedding guests park? Are there extra fees for parking? Do they have valet parking?
- Is the wedding venue in Kent convenient to public transportation, especially in big cities? How long will it take your guests to get there?
- Are candles or other open flames allowed in this wedding venues in Kent?
- If its an outdoor location for example a Barn wedding venues in Kent, do they have any backup plans for rain or other inclement weather? If not, is there a place that you can put up a tent?
If you are planning to have a separate wedding reception venue to where you will be having your wedding ceremony in Kent, then you will need to ask these additional questions…
- How far is it from one location to the other?
- Do the two places have the same level of formality and a coordinating style?
- Do they both accommodate about the same number of guests?
- Does the wedding reception venue have any experience with weddings from your ceremony location?
If you are looking for a wedding venue in Kent that will host your wedding ceremony and wedding reception, then you will need to ask the following questions…
- Does the wedding venue in Kent own enough chairs for the ceremony, or will they need to be rented?
- Does the wedding venue have an entirely separate area for the ceremony? (It is not uncommon that while the guests are at the cocktail hour, the caterers will transform the ceremony room into the dining room and/or dance floor.)
- If not, how long does it typically take for the staff to change over the room?
Hopefully, these questions will help you cover the basics while you’re looking at wedding venues. In your search for a wedding venue, there will probably be even more questions that arise for you personally. For example, you may want the menu to reflect your heritage, or with a large wedding party, you may need ample parking for limousines.
Best of luck with choosing your wedding venue in Kent
October 15, 2010 / interflare / 0
Categories: Wedding Venues Kent
- Advertising your Kent Wedding Business for free
- Is the recession affecting weddings in Kent?
- Choosing the right fabric for your wedding dress
- How to look slimmer in your wedding photos
- Filming your wedding in Kent
- Wedding Hair Dos for your Wedding in Kent
- Choosing the right type of wedding venue in Kent
- International Weddings
- Wedding Cake Toppers
- Making the most of your honeymoon
Barn Wedding Venues Kent
green wedding favours
how to plan a wedding
mens wedding rings
Mens Wedding Rings Kent
The Tithe Barn
tungsten mens wedding rings
Wedding Cakes Kent
Wedding Cars Kent
wedding dress kent
Wedding in Kent
Wedding Photograph Costs Kent
Wedding photographer kent
Wedding Photographers Kent
Wedding Photography Kent
wedding rings kent
wedding theme colors
wedding venues kent
Wedding Venues Medway
- Site News
- Wedding Accessories
- Wedding Cars Kent
- Wedding FAQs
- Wedding Favours Kent
- Wedding Flowers Kent
- Wedding Information
- Wedding Lingerie Kent
- Wedding Photography Kent
- Wedding Rings Kent
- Wedding Services Kent
- Wedding Tips
- Wedding Venues Kent
- Wedding Videos Kent
- Wedding Website Tips